Our Name


oski-pimohtahtamwak otayisīniwiwaw (Nehiyawak)
oski pima ci-owat ici ki-kay-dam-o-win-ing (Nakawē)
wana oicimani tecawosdodyē uncumpi (Dakota)
they are into their new journey to knowledge (English)





Monday, January 22, 2018

Respectful, Good Listeners


To the students and staff at Grenfell High School:

The Grenfell blanket exercise was a fun and productive experience. We got to know really wonderful people at GHS; you were very respectful during the teaching of the blanket exercise. I hope what we taught impacted you in a respectful way. I hope the teaching gave you a different perspective on how indigenous peoples think.

The students were really interested in learning the blanket exercise and hopefully we can go back and do a little more teaching to them. Everybody who came and listened to us showed so much kindness. I would like to say thank you GHS for your cooperation to take the time to learn what we teach and what we do. I’m very grateful for everything you guys did, so much respect was shown at the time we were there.

I can’t thank you more for everything you did while we were there.

I wouldn’t be doing this with oski-pimohtahtamwak otayisīniwiwaw because I have social anxiety. It gets really hard for me to do stuff like this with my class. I’m thankful for your understanding. I wonder if you would like to know more about what we’re doing; if I could actually talk to you, I would say it myself, that you’re very respectful, good listeners and also very outstanding people.

Grenfell High, have a wonderful rest of your year.

Yours truly,

Austin Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment