Our Name


oski-pimohtahtamwak otayisīniwiwaw (Nehiyawak)
oski pima ci-owat ici ki-kay-dam-o-win-ing (Nakawē)
wana oicimani tecawosdodyē uncumpi (Dakota)
they are into their new journey to knowledge (English)





Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Jarrett on Grad 2017


 
Skyler Cyr, Justin Leggott, Jarrett Gordon, Truth Redman
4 of 9 2017 Graduates of
Oski-pimohtahtamwak Otayisiniwiwaw

Jarrett on Grad

Sheena: Tell me about the day of Grad.

Jarrett: It was great. It was the best feeling ever. It’s a great feeling.

Sheena: Tell me what you did getting ready for grad.

Jarrett: Chilling out with the homies, getting ready slowly throughout the day, Got up that morning, had a shower, put on my normal clothes, then at about 12:00 I actually jumped in my suit because I had pictures at 1:00.

Sheena: Tell me about the pictures.

Jarrett: It was pretty fun, it was pretty good. Took pictures with all my friends and my family, so that was good.

Sheena: Tell me about waiting for grad, standing outside in the front, what was that like?

Jarrett: Nervous. I was nervous, I just had this nervous feeling of going on stage, excitement, neverous, but you’re also ready at the same time, because it’s all worth it.Right?

Sheena: What was it like lining up with your dad before the entry?

Jarrett: That was nerve wracking for me. Sitting there I finally realized it I finally did it.

Sheena: What was it like up on stage? Who were you sitting by?

Jarrett: I was sitting beside Michael and Seth. I was sitting there the whole time. I was called right after Truth. When I got my diploma I was like, this is crazy, I actually did it. I was actually going to drop out of school in September, but I didn’t, and I’m glad I didn’t or else I wouldn’t have my diploma.

Sheena: What was it like getting the eagle feather?

Jarrett: That was pretty cool. I liked that. It was a nice feather, black tipped. It was pretty cool.

Sheena: Anything else you’d like to tell us about graduation?

Jarrett: Don’t give up, Calen, keep going.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment