Our Name


oski-pimohtahtamwak otayisīniwiwaw (Nehiyawak)
oski pima ci-owat ici ki-kay-dam-o-win-ing (Nakawē)
wana oicimani tecawosdodyē uncumpi (Dakota)
they are into their new journey to knowledge (English)





Saturday, November 4, 2017

Getting Over Feeling Shy at the Canadian Symposium

by Lacey Missens

We went to a Canadian Symposium in Milestone, which is about half an hour away from Regina, so it took us an hour and a half to get there from Fort Qu'Appelle.

When we got to the school in Milestone, I was a bit nervous walking in. We went to Mrs. Stone's class and got settled in and then went to the library for a presentation from the Cherian's who were immigrants from India.




After that, we had lunch and we went back into the library.

Mrs. Stone told everyone to find partners. Mostly all were strangers to each other. I was scared and shy to choose partners, and at first I didn't even want to talk to anyone. Mrs. Koops ended up finding us partners. I saw Michael and Raven going into different groups and I was thinking to myself, I should too. She set me up with a guy named Tiesen and another guy named Adam who talked kind of low. Tiesen had a good personality and he knew what he was talking about; after, when they were done, I talked about my visual verbal essay. I read my essay because I didn't know what else to talk about. I was nervous the whole time. Austin (Boss) was sitting beside me, listening, so it wasn't all that scary, but it was awkward. We didn't know what to talk about after that. We finished early and went to go do our Blanket Exercise in the gym.

 
 
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Great to read that you are coming out of your shell and gaining confidence Lacey, you have a lot or insight and wisdom to offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mr. Cochrane. I'll show Lacey your comment tomorrow. She also said we can publish her Visual Verbal Essay, and she read the part of "Grace" so you'll get to hear about the play from Grace's perspective.

      Delete